I was looking for a Victorian era photo album to use for a craft project, and ended up purchasing a lot of vintage paper ephemera for $14.99. Along with the album I got some lovely old photos, scrapbook pages, three Asian figurines (not pictured) and a ton of journal-making inspiration.
I'll use some of these pages for my craft project, but I may turn the old album into a junk journal.
The three magazines I received are from left to right: Collier's September 22, 1951 issue (ten years older than me!), Life April 19, 1948 issue (this one is older than my guy!), and Look January 26, 1965 issue. The first two cost 15 cents and the last one was a whopping twenty-five cents. Last time I bought a magazine I paid $15.00 for it, so prices have gone up quite a bit, lol.
The old ads in the magazine are often hilarious to read. Here's one for Hunt's canned tomato sauce, possibly when it debuted on the market.
No one shied away from bacon in the olden days. :)
The new car ads are really cute.
Mother warned me . . . .
We will enjoy reading the old magazines, and then I think I will pass them along to my nephew, who also appreciates this sort of thing.
Comments