Skip to main content

Last Month

The first project I completed in February was this big beautiful basket made from thrifted baby boucle yarns.

I crocheted a much smaller basket to hold the wipes I use for my glasses following this slightly confusing free pattern from Yarnspirations.

I finished crocheting the Iris throw.

As threatened, I made a second big beautiful basket from thrifted baby bouncle yarns, which I still dislike but don't hate as much as I did in the past. :)

I made a mystery pattern that a friend challenged me to try, which I finished in five days while using worsted yarn. After seeing the results she told me it's the trendy 6 day star blanket. Oops.

I crocheted about one third to one half of a straight granny stitch throw I'm making in forest colors (I'm not sure how large I want to make it yet.)

To wrap up the month I finished the crazy quilt tote for February of my 2026 calendar project. The patchwork is 100% recovered vintage scraps, and the feather stitching is in silver, gold and dark copper braided metallic thread that I picked up at the quilt show last year.

Ready, set, let's go March!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Loves & Such

My guy kindly bought me my favorite Chinese take out the other night, and my fortune cookie offered up an interesting story starter: This sounds sweet, right? Only the first thing I thought of was an old love coming back from the dead . . . . must be October. In other lovely news, my favorite hand-dyed thread artist, Lorraine from Colour Complements , is moving her business from Etsy to her own web site. Many of my favorite sellers on Etsy are leaving due to the whole "free shipping" coercion debacle, which has also soured me on the site. To show support I did a little shopping at Lorraine's web site and got in these: I love her threads and trims; you simply can't buy anything like them anywhere. Her work makes my specialty thread box look like a treasure chest: At night I'm spending just as hour working on quilting the scrap project runner, and I'm making slow progress: I'll keep quilting the runner while I try to decide on a design for t...

Fell Off the Wagon

I did cut up that plastic dollar tote to make into something stronger, but got caught up with work and set it aside. Then last night some hand-dyed silk and pretty threads called my name, and, well . . . Felt SO good to do some handwork, except my neck began hurting about an hour into it. I tried changing the way I sit and work, but it's pretty obvious that the doc is right.

Wild Ride

Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds is an epic, dazzling film that hurls you into the Korean version of the afterlife while showcasing some of the most impressive special effects I've ever seen in any movie. The story begins with the death of firefighter Kim Ja-Hong (Cha Tae-hyun) who jumps out of a burning building with a child in his arms. The kid lives, but he dies at the scene. Two strangers inform him that he has passed away right on schedule, and toss him into a vortex that takes him to the world of the afterlife, where he meets his three guardians: Gang-rim (Ha Jung-woo), Haewonmak (Ju Ji-hoon) and Lee Deok-choon (Kim Hyang-gi). At the gates of the afterlife Ja-Hong learns that he is considered a paragon (an exemplary person who lived a noble and self-sacrificing life) and is eligible to be reincarnated -- but there's a catch. First he has 49 days to make it through seven hells in which he will be judged on his sins. His three guardians will help and defend...