I need a wall top runner for Autumn, so I pulled out a pumpkin-colored solid and the Fall print from my scrap bundle:
Most of the Fall print had been cut into 4" strips, so I did the same with the solid, and pieced a simple checkerboard block runner out of them:
I might applique some leaves atop this before I back/bind/quilt it. Just have to look online for some leaf templates and get out the fusing web.
I did cut up that plastic dollar tote to make into something stronger, but got caught up with work and set it aside. Then last night some hand-dyed silk and pretty threads called my name, and, well . . . Felt SO good to do some handwork, except my neck began hurting about an hour into it. I tried changing the way I sit and work, but it's pretty obvious that the doc is right.
Comments