I have to say, August was one of the most fun months this year for me because of all I the projects I accomplished. Maybe it's the effect of summer on me, but it really boosted my spirits.
To kick off my creating I wove another, beachcomber's edition basket using a vintage rope basket and handmade art yarn spun with sea shells, crystal beads and sea glass beads, and crocheted the lining out of thrifted variegated chenille blanket yarn.
I solved a mystery by turning three balls of thrifted, unlabeled yarn into this throw, and identifying the yarn brand and colorway in the process.
I crocheted a couple of drawstring pouches while testing some new-to-me yarns.
I altered a pair of capris into shorts, and tailored a pair of jeans to fit me better.
I made Iris, a giant amigurumi cat, entirely out of scrap yarn.
I crocheted a little purse for Iris out of an odd ball of French yarn I got in a thrifted lot.
I kept it simple and made a fun tote out of thrifted fabric for my August edition of my calendar project.
I crocheted one winter hat out of a pretty acrylic yarn in sea colors, and a second out of a self-striping yarn in birthday cake colors.
I rehabbed a worn Vera Bradley wristlet with lace and buttons, and turned it into a needle and scissors pouch.
I cut up a poorly made, unfinished patchwork quilt top to make some stitch practice pieces.
I crocheted some thrifted mini cotton blend skeins into a market bag.
I made a dragon's egg dice bag after rolling the dice to determine my next yarn project -- droste effect crocheting!
I enjoyed making the first so much I crocheted a second dragon's egg dice bag from superfine yarn.
Because it's a fun pattern, and I wanted to use up the entire skein of superfine yarn, I actually made three bags.
From a thrifted bundle of fabric that I'll write about in a future post I made two mats and a bookmark.
One mat was for my mediation altar that I completed; the other mat still needs topstitching so I'll finish that one in September.
I also made a bowl mat for my nephew's dog out of vintage fabric I found at the Coop.
I made a scrap basket for my sewing table out of chunky variegated self-striping yarn.
I made another, bigger basket out of a skein of egg yolk yellow blanket yarn, which I used for the base, and a bunch of scrap balls.
To feed my new obsession with dragon egg dice bags I made one from an unlabeled thrifted skein of blue/green/silver metallic superfine yarn in my stash.
I made one final winter hat because, you know, rainbows are my colors. :)
Finally, I restrung the two malas I made with waxed linen thread instead of stretchy cord. The latter had started to unknot itself, and I could envision beads exploding in the middle of a meditation.
In September I will be nursing not one but two family members after they have surgery, so I'm not sure how much I'll get done. I will try my best at all my endeavors. :)
Comments