I admit, I've become entirely addicted to crochet. It's not only helped my spirits as much as my arthritic hands, but I can finish things. Finishing things is the best feeling in the world to me. That said, I'm going through yarn so fast I should probably be leaving scorch marks on my crochet hooks. It's also a good idea for me to not become completely obsessed and risk burning out.
I decided to spend one day off last weekend doing things other than crochet (in other words, fun cooking, project cleaning, machine sewing and even some beading, but no crochet whatsoever.) It wasn't difficult; I had a lot of things to keep me busy.
First I gave my latest lot of Vera Bradley bags a much-needed bath. One reason I love this brand is that they are entirely washable. I hand wash them because the fabric tends to be thin and not colorfast.
To eliminate the inevitable leftovers I converted my recipe for puff pasty chicken pot pie into single-serve chicken pot pies made in oven safe ramekins, based on Claire Risper's recipe (my filling, her crust.) It worked like a charm, and now I can just make as many as we want. Her crust is amazing, btw.
I finally made one panel of my August tote for my calendar project out of the thrifted fabric I chose for it.
I am very proud of the beading, which my hands did not want to do.
During that day I also got caught up on my housework, did the laundry and made a nice dinner for my guy and our nephew, who is visiting. I even made some sugar free granola bars for myself. I did not touch a single skein of yarn, although I wanted to several times as I got ideas. I had fun, and because I did I think going forward I'm going to spend one day of no crochet per weekend so I can do other things, and get over my budding obsession.
Image credit: Image by jacqueline macou from Pixabay

Comments
It'll come in handy next month when I have to travel and leave him alone for a week.