I finally found the perfect backing fabric (green print at the top) for my double wedding ring quilt top at JoAnn, and also got it 50% off. I'll probably make the binding out of the backing fabric, too. All I need to do is decide on the quilting thread -- probably dark green for the print patchwork, and white for the rest -- and I'll be ready to put this project together and start stitching.
I did cut up that plastic dollar tote to make into something stronger, but got caught up with work and set it aside. Then last night some hand-dyed silk and pretty threads called my name, and, well . . . Felt SO good to do some handwork, except my neck began hurting about an hour into it. I tried changing the way I sit and work, but it's pretty obvious that the doc is right.
Comments
Are you going to follow the edges or square it off? I like the scallop but it's hard to follow.